Thursday 19 December 2019
An attorney’s insight into the Nice 11 system, or as we like to call it a two-dimensional system in a three-dimensional world!
Thursday 28 November 2019
Goods and services specifications are key when you’re deciding if Madrid is the right option for your client’s trademark filing. As we mentioned in our last post, filing through Madrid should not be an automatic decision, and the specific mark is an important consideration.
Monday 11 November 2019
At Sortify.tm we think about the ins and outs of filing trademark applications around the world every day (after which we typically enjoy an in-house brewed craft beer)! If there’s one rule of thumb we have for filing internationally via the Madrid Protocol – it is that there is no rule of thumb. We don’t always recommend using Madrid and we don’t always recommend NOT using Madrid.
Tuesday 22 January 2019
IP Office updates - January 2019
- USPTO, IP Australia and IPONZ all kept busy in January...
- IPONZ alone added 4000+ pre-approved terms
- IP Australia now allows the broad term "online retail services" as well as "retail services"
Thursday 08 November 2018
EUIPO October updates published
- EUIPO has published its October 2018 review results
- 152 additions
- 9 deletions
Monday 05 November 2018
IPONZ removes 700+ services that include the word "featuring"
- IPONZ updates pre-approved goods and services database to remove the word "featuring" from retail and wholesale services
- Objections had been raised despite the "featuring" services being in the IPONZ pre-approved goods and services databases
- A corresponding practice note should be published soon